Akhilesh may resign, Mulayam likely to become Chief Minister
Several attempts have been made by the party and family members but Shivpal disagreed changing his decision of resigning from the party. Shivpal’s supporters gathered outside his house till the late night hours. Shivpal Yadav is currently in Etawah
Lucknow/Etawah: Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav may tender his resignation to the Governor Ram Naik on Wednesday. A legislature party meeting will be held in the state capital on Wednesday in which Samajwadi Party President Mulayam Singh Yadav could be elected as the legislature party leader by the party MLAs. If Mulayam would be elected then he will take over as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
Mulayam, who was in Delhi on Tuesday, held a long meeting with Amar Singh and SP General Secretary Ram Gopal.
Several attempts have been made by the party and family members but Shivpal disagreed changing his decision of resigning from the party. Shivpal’s supporters gathered outside his house till the late night hours.
Shivpal Yadav is currently in Etawah.
Reasons of the clash:
- On June 21, Shivpal had merged Mukhtar Ansari’s Quami Ekta Dal (QED) and Samajwadi Party (SP).
- Opposing Shivpal’s step, Akhilesh had cancelled the merger.
- On August 14, Shivpal had raised the issue of brokerage and created a furore in political circle by saying that he would resign from the party if atrocities against deprived are not stopped.
- Party Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav had also held Akhilesh led Uttar Pradesh government responsible for this on Independence Day at party office.
- Shivpal had diluted the issue, saying ‘all is well within the party and Samajwadi family’.
- Shivpal had said no one including Akhilesh Yadav could stop the merger of QED-SP merger.
- Calling Akhilesh inexperienced, Shivpal had said that former is too young and learning politics.
The present scenario:
- On September 12 (Monday), Akhilesh sacked Mining Minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati and Panchayati Raj Minister Raj Kishor Singh.
- Akhilesh, on Tuesday, removed Chief Secretary Deepak Singhal and posted Rahul Bhatnagar as the new CS.
- Hours after Akhilesh’s step, Mulayam appointed Shivpal as the Samajwadi Party State President by Mulayam replacing Akhilesh Yadav.
- After this Akhilesh, in an unexpected manner, stripped his uncle Shivpal of important portfolios of PWD and irrigation and handed him less important portfolios.
The whole episode is nothing more than a drama, say Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP).
Reacting on some sudden developments in the SP, BJP state President Keshav Prasad Maurya tagged SP as a ‘cinematic party’ while BSP supremo Mayawati called the whole chapter a drama.