LU’s ‘Happy Thinking Lab’ to beat the blues of students’ life
Lucknow University has set up a ‘Happy Thinking Laboratory’ in its psychology department to counsel students through motivational speeches and other means.
Lucknow: To beat the blues in students’ life and ensure they stay full of positive energy and calm under stressful conditions, Lucknow University has set up a ‘Happy Thinking Laboratory’ in its psychology department. So far, over 2500 students have joined the lab through online platforms, who are being counseled through motivational speeches and other means.
Happy Thinking Labs help eliminate negative thoughts and increase the positive energy in the students. The lab uses three types of equipment that are Biofeedback, Bio-Well (used for testing energy levels in the body), and Karada scan machine based on Russian technology to measure mental and physical wellness.
Prof. Madhurima Pradhan, head of the Psychology Department, Lucknow University, said, “In the last four months, over 2500 students have joined Happy Thinking Lab through online platforms. The purpose of this lab is to provide spiritual knowledge to students in a simple and easy manner. This will infuse enthusiasm, happiness, and energy into the lives of students to identify their potential to achieve the goals of their lives. They will also learn to handle the situation positively and calmly. ”
Assuring full support for the successful operation of Happy Thinking Lab, Vice-Chancellor Prof. Alok Kumar Rai, LU, said, “This Lab will provide a steady flow of positive energy among the students. Lucknow University is also preparing to start a new course called 'Education for Happiness' to keep students away from stress and give them a sense of enjoyment. The purpose of this course is to tell children the value of the happiness that they get from family and society who seek happiness through various social media platforms. The course will also include topics related to philosophy and Bhagwad Gita.”
- Meet the world's 'oldest dog living' a 22-year-old Toy Fox Terrier named Pebbles
- 'Over 88% adults in India fully vaccinated against Covid'
- PM inaugurates Nano Urea Plant in Gandhinagar
- IndiGo fined Rs 5L for not boarding special needs child
- This is not the Virat Kohli we know: Virender Sehwag breaks silence on RCB batters' slump in form
- 8 years of Modi govt: From Statue of unity to Lord Hanuman's statue, Iconic statues unveiled by PM
- Laal Singh Chaddha Trailer: Aamir Khan enjoys Pani Puri, hosts preview ahead of releasing it at IPL 2022 Final
- Shah Rukh Khan's Mannat's new nameplate worth Rs 25 lakh goes missing? Here's the truth
- India's daily cases over 2,000-mark for 5th time this week: Today's 8 Covid updates
- Alia Bhatt cries 'happy tears' as she reacts to Ranbir Kapoor cradling a baby: 'This video is a full vibe'