We want entire disputed land for Ram Mandir, says VHP
As Shiv Sena and VHP workers have flanked in large numbers in Ayodhya to pitch for the construction of Ram Mandir, the situation in the holy city remains tense on Sunday...
Ayodhya: As Shiv Sena and VHP workers had flanked in large numbers in Ayodhya to pitch for the construction of Ram Mandir, the situation in the holy city remained tense but under control on Sunday.
The two Hindutva organisations conducted different events in the temple town amid tight security today.
The Vishva Hindu Parishad held a religious rally and a 'Dharma Sabha' was also organised to discuss the Ram Temple issue, where prominent Hindu seers were set to spell out their stand and strategy for construction of a grand Ram temple.
The Shiv Sena also executed a few events for its chief Uddhav Thackeray.
Thackeray, who is on a two-day visit to Ayodhya, offered prayers at Ram Janmabhoomi and interacted with saints and people there.
He carried a pot full of soil from the Shivneri fort in Pune, which was handed over to the mahant at Ram Janmabhoomi.
Here are the LIVE updates:
- The Dharma Sabha organised by the VHP in Ayodhya has ended. VHP leader Champat Rai said they do not want a part of land, but the entire (disputed) area.
- Ram temple is not a political issue: Devendra Fadnavis, Maharashtra Chief Minister said Sunday and expressed hope that Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray, who is in Ayodhya, would get the blessings of Lord Ram.
- He also warned that the BJP and its affiliates should stop themselves from doing anything that threatened the communal fabric and lead to riots and violence: Shivpal Singh Yadav
- A similar situation had arisen in 1992 and it is for everyone to see what happened...the matter is before the Supreme Court and everyone should show patience: Shivpal Singh Yadav
- We should either wait for the Supreme Court order or find consensus. The government has a lot of land, it (Ram Temple) can be constructed across the Sarayu river. There should be no talk of temple on a disputed land: Shivpal Singh Yadav in Lucknow
- We received an alert from the IB (Intelligence Bureau) a few days back. It was a non-specific alert and we have taken the action: Anand Kumar.
- Security scheme has been implemented. Red zone and yellow zone are two main security zones. The state government, state police and administration are committed to upholding the directions given by the Supreme Court and the High Court: Anand Kumar.
- Uttar Pradesh ADG (law and order) Anand Kumar said that Ayodhya has been divided into zones.
- How can Shiv Sena hijack the Ram Mandir issue? The people who thrash north Indians and drive them out, who don’t even have the mentality to serve humanity, how will they serve lord Ram?: BJP MLA Surendra Singh
- Shiv Sena had no role in the temple movement: Keshav Maurya.
- I have no problem on whatever Uddhav is saying. But, had Balasaheb Thackeray been alive, he would have prevented Uddhav from doing whatever he is doing: Keshav Maurya, Deputy CM, UP.
- If this government would not construct Ram Mandir, then who will. Sarkar banegi ya nahi, but mandir zaroor banega: Uddhav Thackeray.
- Atal ji had said once that no Hindus will now be thrashed. But now, Hindus won't even stay quiet. I felt different vibes when I went to get darshan of Ram Lalla. I felt as if I had come to a jail to offer prayers.": Uddhav Thackeray.
- UPCM Yogi Adityanath had said Mandir tha, hai aur rahega. This is our perception and intention. It's saddening that Mandir is not yet visible. Woh mandir dikhega kab?: Uddhav Thackeray
- Saints who blessed me yesterday, I'd told them that the work which we're about to begin can't be done without their blessings. I've no hidden agenda in coming to Ayodhya.I've come to express sentiments of all Indians&Hindus across world. All are waiting for Ram Temple: Uddhav Thackeray.
- Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray returns to the hotel after visiting the Ram Lalla temple in Ayodhya.
- We’ve made all the arrangements for the programme (VHP’s Dharma Sansad). We’ve allotted spaces for parking, bypass is running smoothly & we’ll ensure it stays like that. ‘Darshan’ will be from the usual routes. We’ll do everything in an organized way, says Omkar Singh, DIG Ayodhya.
- Security has been tightened in Ayodhya ahead of the separate events organised by Shiv Sena and VHP in the temple town.