Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik hits back at Azam Khan
Kanpur: The Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik, on Friday, hit back at the firebrand minister of the ruling Samajwadi Party, Azam Khan, at a private function in Kanpur, saying that his responsibility as a Governor is to ensure that the assembly, legislative council and all the other government bodies are running as per law of the land.
Ram Naik said that he has already called the Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey to visit Raj Bhawan after watching the unedited CD of Azam Khan’s speech in the assembly.
"I will explain to the Speaker reasons behind stalling the bill regarding mayors”, the Governor added.
What else the UP Governor said:
- India is the largest democracy in the world and legislature, judiciary, and executive are its three pillars.
- All the three pillars are linked to on one another and each one has its own boundaries under the Constitution.
- One should never cross the boundaries while working for the constitution like Azam Khan did.
- I reminded the government many times about issues related to public welfare as it is a part of my duty.
- I did not let that bill pass as it was against the Gram Panchayats.
Earlier, Azam Khan accused Governor Ram Naik of stalling several bills by not giving his assent and gave an impression that he was working under the influence of the party.
According to Khan, the UP Nagar Nigam Amendment Bill 2015 was pending with the Governor for over one year through which Mayors could be removed for financial irregularities.