This Sehenshah lives in a pond, treated like 'God'
Kanpur: In a bizzare example of faith and superstition intertwined, a tortoise in Panki area of Kanpur city is being preached as 'God' and the people line up at the pond, where it has his abode, to offer obeisance.
The tortoise is called as 'Shree Sehenshah' and the pond it lives as 'Kachua Taal(tortoise pond)' and as per the local belief, its one glimpse rid you of your sins and all the problems of the life. Such strong is people's faith in it that thousands of devotees throng to pond everyday and
- Shehenshah, the tortoise resides in the 'Kachua pond' in Panki area.
- It is believed that a glimpse of Sehenshah in the morning hours makes one’s day.
- Sehenshah is believed to be over 100 years of age and more than 100 tortoise lives in the same pond.
- The pond was constructed by the ancestors of Devi Dayal Pathak, a priest in adjacent Hanuman temple 364 years ago.
- Shehenshah loves eating cottage cheese (Paneer) and does not come out of the pond easily.
- People from across the state visit the ponds all round the year.