Security mounted up in view of Karzai UP visit
Kanpur: The four-tier security mechanism will be in place during visit of former Afghan President Hamid Karzai to industrial city of Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh on Wednesday.
A high alert has already been sounded following some inputs from the intelligence agencies ahead of his three-day visit to Uttar Pradesh, district administration sources said. Special care is being taken in terms of security as a clash between Afghani students and others had taken place on Tuesday in Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology and Sciences (SHIATS), Allahabad followed by suspension of 18 Afghani students.
- The former President Karzai will arrive in the state capital Lucknow at 1620 hrs on Wednesday.
- He will drive down to Kanpur and will stay overnight.
- On Thursday, he will be the Chief Guest at 'Tech Kriti 2016' function being organized by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur.
- He will depart to Delhi from Lucknow on Friday.
About Hamid Karzai:
- Karzai is a former President of Afghanistan.
- He served for almost ten years, from 7 December 2004 to 29 September 2014.
- Four-tier security consists of National Security Guard(NSG), Central forces and senior officials, Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) and Local police.
- District Magistrate Kaushal Kishore Sharma and Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Shalabh Mathur had an elaborate meeting on security concerns.