Police saves Kanpur from a communal problem.
Kanpur: Timely intervention of police saved a communal situation from getting uglier in the industrial city of Kanpur.
Members of Hindu and Muslim communities came face to face over the issue of mounting a gate at a mosque in Masawanpur area under Kalyanpur police station limits of Saturday.
About the incident:
- Hindu and Muslim came face to face over the issue of mounting a gate in Ganjsahida mosque.
- Hindus alleged that a new way was being created.
- The installation of gate was opposed by one Indravati Pandey.
- Thousands of members of both the communities came on streets against each other.
- Brawl ensued between the communities.
- According to Indiravati the way where the gate was being installed was used since the last three decades.
- People will have to take longer route on getting the gate installed.
- Earlier also the issue had been raked up.
Intervention of Police:
- The timely intervention of Kalyanpur Police Station’s Circle Officer Rajesh Singh saved the situation from getting uglier.
- The work of installing the gate was stopped.
- Additional force was deployed in view of sensitivity of the matter.