Green Park staff fixing light problems ahead of IPL matches
Kanpur: Ultimately, the Green Park Staudium in Kanpur may have got the opportunity to host its first IPL match on May 19 between Suresh Raina's Gujarat Lions and Kolkata Night Riders but last minute glitches about the proper flood lighting are yet to be removed.
- '' The work is going on round the clock and the ground facilities will be fine to hold the match without any problem,'' Prem Dhar Pathak, the director of Uttar Pradesh Cricket Association told newztrack.com.
- '' The main problem is over while the minor ones will be rectified in few days"', he added.
- Even otherwise, the work on lighting was on since last two months and 2400 Lux light is already reaching the ground.
- Technical staff is on the toes.
- In fact, the lighting at Green park had been a stumbling block since 2000 when four towers of the light were erected as the light of tower no. two was being obstructed by the director's pavilion structure.
- The Green Park was not getting IPL matches due to this.
- IPL matches are played under floodlights.
- Gujarat Lions versus Kolkata Night Riders on May 19.
- Gujarat Lions versus Mumbai Indians on May 21.
- Kanpur may get other matches as well after the High Court in Mumbai has ordered shifting of matches from Maharashtra.