Farmer commits suicide in Fatehpur; family blames SP leader
Fatehpur: Law and Order in the Akhilesh Yadav ruled state has been a serious concern since the formation of Samajwadi Party government and several party leaders have been accused in the past of flaunting their clout over the deprived. One more name added in the list of such influential SP men is of Shiv Singh, who is the Municipal President from Khaga Tehsil in Fatehpur.
Allegedly fed up of Shiv Singh’s threats, a farmer committed suicide by hanging himself from a tree on Wednesday. Singh has been accused of pressurising Shivpujan (farmer) to sell his land.
What’s the case?
• Shivpujan’s family blames Shiv Singh behind his death
• Family claims that Shiv Singh used to pressurise Shivpujan to sell his land
• Shiv Singh also threatened him of dire consequences when the farmer denied to sell the piece of land
• Shivpujan was forced to sell the land to Shiv Singh in Rs 27 lakh
Reason behind farmer’s suicide
• Shiv Singh was not paying the money to Shivpujan after acquiring his land
• Shivpujan received only Rs 3 lakh 57 thousand from Shiv Singh
• Family members of the deceased farmer also blamed Munna and Susheel who are Shiv Singh’s associates
• SSP Rajkamal Yadav said an FIR has been registered against Shiv Singh
• SSP said that police is investigating the case and action against the guilty will be taken soon