Rajasthan govt will host MI IPL matches after Bombay HC order
Kanpur: Rajashthan government is willing to host Mumbai Indian matches of Indian Premier League (IPL) in Jaipur after Bombay High Court has ordered shifting of all the matches to be held in Maharashtra in the month of May in view of the drought.
It will be formalised after a MoU with the Rajasthan government because the state cricket association is in suspended mode, the IPL commissioner Rajiv Shukla said here on Sunday. He said apart from MI ,the other franchise affected due to Court order is Rising Pune Supergiants which has evinced interest to play its matches at Viazag.
No takers of Kanpur:
- Neither of the teams has shown interest in playing at Green Park, Kanpur.
- They were offered Vizag, Jaipur, Raipur and Kanpur as alternate venues after High Court banned matches in Maharashtra in May.
- Kanpur is hosting two matches on May 19 and 21.
BCCI not to challenge HC:
- BCCI will not challenge the High Court order in the Supreme Court, he says.
- It is requested from the court to allow at least one match ofMay 1 due to some logistics.
- If it is allowed by the Court in its decision on Wednesdaynext, the three matches each of Pune and MI will be rescheduled.
- It may be recalled that the HC had ordered shifting IPL matches from Maharasthara due to drought conditions.
High Chances of matches at Green Park:
- There are 70 per cent chances that Kanpur may get this chance to host these matches of IPL, for the first time.
- The light problems will be fixed in 3 days,” said Shukla.
- The Uttar Pradesh Cricket Association has spent a lot of money to fix the problem of flood lights.
- Now there is 2500Lx (lux) lights on the ground and only 200Lx light is required to host a day-night match.
- Uttar Pradesh government is supporting a lot in this regard.
UPCA trial match
- Two teams of UPCA will be formed to play a match to take trial of the lights.
- Feedback will be taken from the cricketers.
- Minor problems will be rectified soon.