Death mystery solved: Kanpur judicial magistrate was killed by her husband
Kanpur: The sensational death of judicial magistrate in Kanpur Dehat Pratibha Gautam turned out to be a murder executed by her advocate husband Manu Abhishek.
She was strangulated to death by her husband, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Salabh Mathur revealed this to media persons here on Monday.
Her body was found hanging and husband told the police that his wife committed suicide. Later, when Whats app messages were intercepted, it was found that there were differences between them over her abortion which led to the crime.
During interrogation, husband Manu Abhishek confessed to have killed his wife Pratibha and asked police to send him to jail.
Pratibha Gautam, hailing from Jhansi, was selected in the judicial services in 2013 and was posted at Kanpur Dehat. They got married in January this year against the wishes of their parents.
What Abhishek had said?
- I came from Delhi on Sunday to find house bolted from inside.
- When I broke into the room, I found her body hanged by a fan.
- I was trying her phone while on way back from Delhi but it was switched off.
- I immediately rang up police.
What her father Rajaram said?
- There were injury marks on her wrists.
- My daughter cannot commit suicide as she was a brave girl.
- Forensic experts should probe the injury marks.
The SSP said it was clear case of murder. Earlier also, her husband used to threaten her to kill and was not maintaining cordial relations with his wife. She used to live alone when she was in Lucknow.
A case in this regard has been registered under section 302/304 B of Indian Penal Code at Cantt Police Station. The accused Abhishek has been arrested on the charge of murder.