Children take ill after having mid-day meal at school in Kanpur
Kanpur: In a case of negligence, as many as 21 children took ill after consuming their mid-day meal on Friday at Kunwarpur primary school in Patara block of Kanpur district. All the children were admitted to the Patara community health centre as soon as they complained of uneasiness.
- According to the children, they were served with cooked potatoes and chapattis as mid-day meal in the school.
- Children complained of vomiting and headache after consuming the meal.
- Patara community health centre sent an ambulance to the village as soon as they were informed about the incident.
- According to the doctors, all the children are now well.
- Relatives of the children alleged that the reason of their ailment was the mid-day meal offered by the school.
- Two teachers, along with the cook, were suspended by the school administration.