17 Suspended in Kanpur youth murder case
Kanpur: As many as seventeen policemen were suspended and murder case had been registered against five policemen following custody death of a youth Zeeshan in Baraur police station of Kanpur district in Uttar Pradesh, police said. The action was taken after an agitated mob of the villagers staged an animated protest at the police station demanding actionon Friday.
- Police Special Operation Group (SOG) team arrested a person named Zeeshan for interrogation about a theft.
- His family was informed of his death in police custody on Friday evening.
- The police did not hand over his dead body to the family which agitated the entire village.
- The action came after intervention of higher authorities.
What Zeeshan's parents have to say about the matter?
- They blamed police for inhuman treatment meted out to their son.
- Father said that the SWAT team forced his son to confess to the crime he had not committed.
- Zeeshan was so brutally beaten up in the police station that he died.
- Baraur police says Zeeshan committed suicide.
- Superintendent of Police Pushapanjali Mathur took immediate action by suspending 15 policemen including entire SOG team and lodged a case under section 302 of Indian Penal Code(IPC) against four officials including Station Officer (SO) of Baraur.