Mahoba DPO attacks three women with acid
Mahoba: In a serious charge, three women have alleged that the District Programme Officer (DPO) of Mahoba district in Uttar Pradesh, Rameshwar Pal, threw acid on them on Thursday. One of those three women sustained severe burn injuries while the acid attack also affected the other two. All of them have been admitted to a hospital. Police reached the crime scene as soon as they were informed and have taken statements of the victims and the accused.
About the incident:
- Two residents of Rath city in Hamirpur district of UP, Rekha and Ramjanki, have alleged that DPO Rameshwar Pal demanded rs 50,000 in 2010, for appointing them as teachers in Anganwadi
- They told the police that they did not get the job even after bribing Pal.
- According to the victims, they had been frequently asking Pal to return their money, which he never did.
- Irked by this, they reached Pal's office accompanied by a female friend, Gayatri.
- Gayatri alleges that Pal lost his temper soon as he saw them walking inside his office and started beating them.
- Pal threw acid on Gayatri when she tried to defend.
- Gayatri sustained serious burn injuries by the acid attack while it also affected her friends, Rekha and Ramjanki.
- Pal says that its merely a conspiracy to trap him and the ladies have injured themselves with the acid.
- Pal alleges that he once expelled Gayatri from job and this conspiracy was planned by her in order to avenge.