No need to compensate Bundelkhand farmers, says Modi’s team
Jhansi: The Central team that recently paid a visit to the drought-affected Buldelkhand regions on Tuesday said it was not required to compensate the farmers of Lalitpur as well as Jhansi for the dry-spell.
The team, which was in Bundelkhand to review the drought situation, also said the policies made by the Uttar Pradesh government were adequate enough to assuage the residents of these regions.
Led by the managing director of National Horticulture Board (NHB) A K Singh, the delegation first held a meeting with chief secretary Alok Ranjan and agriculture production commissioner (APC) Pravir Kumar before leaving for Bundelkhand.
- The team appreciated UP government policies.
- It advised the farmers to sow crops that require lesser amount of water.
- The members of the team included R B Kaul, Ramanand and Amit Kumar.
- G P Singh was accompanying the team as Liaison officer.
- The team was also accompanied by Additional District Magistrate (ADM) Umesh Narayan Pandey, deputy director (Agriculture) U P Singh as well as the executive engineer of Irrigation Department M L Agarwal.