Rahul Gandhi undertakes Kisan Padyatra in Bundelkhand
Mahoba: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Saturday came down heavily on Modi government saying it failed to pass on the benefit of falling oil prices in international market to the people of India.
“ The government is busy enriching its coffers with no heart for the public at large which could have been the major beneficiary,’ he said while speaking to villagers at Supa village in this backward district of Bundelkhand in Uttar Pradesh. Afterall, he added, there should be some limit as to how long the people’s interest could be ignored.
Lambasting the central government, Rahul said it was a misleading statement from those in the power that this government belonged to poor and needy.
Condition of Bundelkhand:
- More than 60 lakh people have migrated to other places.
- Hit by drought from many decades.
- More than 3,000 farmers have committed suicide since 2008.
- Inclement weather condition destroy crops every year.
Rahul’s Bundelkhand engagement:
- Reached Khajuraho airport of Madhya Pradesh at around 1100 hours.
- Started his journey for Mahoba district by road.
- Accompanied by NCSC Chairman and Congress leaser PL Punia.
- Meeting with women members of Rajiv Gandhi self help group.
- Unveil the statue of former PM and his Grandmother Indira Gandhi in Mudhari village.
Before the 2012 Assembly polls too,Rahul had toured the Bundelkhand region and was instrumental in the Manmohan Singh government sanctioning Rs 7,000 crore package for the backward region spread across Uttar Pradesh and MP.