Infant dies after mother fails to pay Rs 20 for injection
Bahraich: The condition of health services in Uttar Pradesh can be determined with the fact that a 10-month-old boy lost his battle with the life as his mother could not afford to pay Rs 20 for an injection.
The victim family hails from Khamariya village of Bahraich district in Uttar Pradesh, sources said.
The shocking incident:
- Krishna, the infant son of one Sumita was gripped by high fever.
- He was admitted to the government hospital.
- The infant was detected with deficiency of blood by the doctors.
- He was being treated and an injection was given to him everyday.
- The medicine could not be injected to the boy on Monday night as no doctor was available in the ward.
- His mother was asked to pay Rs 20 by the sweeper to inject the medicine.
- Sunita, the mourning mother failed to pay him the money and sweeper declined to inject.
- And Krisha lost his battle with life on Tuesday morning.