UP govt opposes CBI probe in Dadri lynching case
Allahabad: Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday opposed CBI probe into the killing of Mohammad Akhlaq for allegedly consuming beef on September 28 last year at Bisada village in Dadri.
Senior Counsel Imranullah told the Allahabad High Court that police had filed its chargesheet after thoroughly investigating the case and hence, there is no point of a CBI probe now.
What is the case?
- One of the accused in Akhlaq's murder, Sanjay Singh had moved a plea in the Allahabad HC seeking a CBI probe in the case.
- A bench comprising of justices Ramesh Sinha and SB Singh is hearing the case.
- Sanjay, in his plea, mentioned that Uttar Pradesh police had investigated the case under political pressure and hence a CBI probe is needed.
What government said?
- Sanjay Singh himself is accused in the Akhlaq lynching case.
- He cannot choose his favourite agency to investigate the case.
- Court will hear the case after two weeks.