Bribery allegations against me are baseless, claims IG STF Amitabh Yash
Lucknow: Inspector General of Police Special Task Force (STF) Amitabh Yash, who has been accused of accepting Rs 1 crore bribe for helping the terrorists involved in Nabha jail break, has held himself innocent.
"All the allegations against me are baseless and I have no connection with the terrorists," said IG STF on Wednesday.
Earlier, Uttar Pradesh Director General of Police (DGP) Sulkhan Singh had said that the matter is being probed by AGD Law and Order, and the accused IG would not be removed till the investigation report is submitted.
Amitabh Yash reached the office of Principal Secretary Home Arvind Kumar to give clarification over the corruption allegations.
Before meeting the Principal Secretary Home, Yash also interacted with the media persons, but did not give any reply on being asked if any conspiracy was being cooked to frame him in the false case.
Earlier, informing about handing over the case to ADG LO Anand Kumar, DGP Sulkhan Singh said, "The entire matter is in cognizance of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath."
It is worth mentioning that apart from being ADG LO, Anand Kumar is also serving as ADG STF.
IG STF Amitabh Yash has been accused of taking Rs 1 crore bribe to help Gurpreet Singh, who holds the reward of Rs 2 lakh on his head, escaped from the police custody.
Incidentally, UP STF is busy daubing the matter by issuing press note in which it has claimed that no criminal named Gurpreet Singh has been arrested. All the media reports circulated in this regard were absolutely rubbish.
Further action against or in favour of IG STF would be taken only after ADG LO's report.
Meanwhile Amitabh Yash has demanded a meeting of IPS association. In a letter to President IPS Association and DG Fire Service Praveen Singh, he said that the matter had become very suspicious and perturbed the entire IPS cadre.
- Alia Bhatt cries 'happy tears' as she reacts to Ranbir Kapoor cradling a baby: 'This video is a full vibe'
- PM Modi inaugurates Bharat Drone Mahotsav at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
- India Post Recruitment 2022: Bumper vacancies! Over 38000 GDS posts at indiapostgdsonline.gov.in- Check details here
- Delhi weather update: Temperature to rise, mercury likely to cross 40°C in next few days
- Covid-19 fourth wave scare: India logs 2,710 new cases, 14 deaths in last 24 hours
- Krishna Janambhumi Dispute: Mathura Court Directs Plaintiffs To Provide Plaint Copy To Shahi Idgah Committee, Next Hearing On July 1
- Imran Khan praises India again as Pakistan sees highest-ever rise in petrol price
- Bulandshahr's Chaiwala Couple: 67 types of cold-hot tea are available here
- In Hyderabad, PM takes potshots at KCR, says time to end dynasty politics
- Narendra Modi's Chennai Visit: PM holds roadshow after arriving in capital city