BJP govt has established rule of nationalism in UP: Yogi Adityanath
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Monday said that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government has ended the rule of casteism, appeasement and dynasty politics in the state, which was the main obstacle in the way of development.
Speaking at the BJP executive meet in the state capital, Yogi said, "People were not happy with my appointment as the CM of the state. But I am not taking it as a promotion but as a test. The BJP government has eradicated casteism, appeasement and dynasty politics, which have been ruling over the state for over past 15 years."
Heaping praises over Prime Minister Narendra Modi, he said, "My government is only working on implementation of the good governance model in the state which has been endorsed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. We will continue to follow the working ethics of former Prime Minister and BJP veteran Atal Bihari Vajpayee."
During his address at the BJP executive meet which is aimed at preparing blueprint for the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, Yogi also promised to practice rule of nationalism.
Claiming that the party workers have every right to know about the works of the government, Yogi pointed out the decisions of his government.
- Anti-Romeo squad had been formulized within 24-hours from the government formation.
- We imposed a complete prohibition on illegal slaughterhouses within a week after taking power.
- We will not let any of the illegal slaughterhouses reopen till they complete the necessary formalities.
- The government is overburdened with farmers' loan waiver and imposition of seventh pay commission, but we will benefit 86 lakh farmers for sure.
- This is the first time the famers have been given better support price.
- The new government has helped the state in regaining the No. 1 spot in sugar production across the country.
- The government has also paid off Rs 5,500 crore debts of the sugarcane farmers.
- My government has ended VIP culture in electricity department. The places having lesser line loss, will be provided 24-hour power supply.
- UP will be made pothole-free by June 15 this year, which had become the recognition of the state.
- The previous government had no interest in executing people's welfare schemes.
Pointing out the priorities of his government, Yogi said, "Swachh Bharat and energy saving is the main motives of our government, and we want the BJP Booth committee to support the government in this regard."
He also advised the event organisers to clean the surroundings on a minister’s visit in place of arranging garlands and flowers. Lambasting the previous governments for following anti-education policies, he said that his government will ensure that the students in primary schools get uniform and shoes in the first week of July. He claimed that now the government schools will also have convent school like uniforms.
The Centre has also abolished holidays on birth and death anniversaries of legends on the lines of the step taken by the UP government, he added.
Before the BJP executive meet, the party post bearers met here, where CM Yogi Adityanath thanked the people and party workers for giving his a chance to serve the state. The two-day state executive meeting is likely to prepare a road-map in view of the Lok Sabha elections in 2019.
Several political and financial proposals will be discussed in the meeting which will conclude with the address of party national president Amit Shah.
Check pictures of the BJP national executive meet in next slides: