Amit Shah holds public meeting seeking Azam Khan’s suspension in Lko
Lucknow: Demanding Samajwadi Party (SP) minister Azam Khan’s suspension over his remark against Babasaheb Bimrao Ambedkar, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday held a public gathering headed by its president Amit Shah in the capital of Uttar Pradesh.
“The BJP wholeheartedly respects Dr Ambedkar and would not tolerate anyone speaking ill about the legendary leader. The SP government must take stern action against Khan suspending him from all party posts,” said Shah while addressing the gathering.
It may be recalled that Khan had recently made objectionable remarks against Dr Ambedkar and the BJP did not want to earn brownie points in order to wean away BSP votes by such tactics.
What else Shah said:
- The focus of Prime Minister Narendra Modi remains at the country’s poor and backward classes.
- The BJP has been honouring Dr Ambedkar at places like London, Nagpur, Delhi and Mumbai.
- The Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led government had installed an oil painting of Dr Ambedkar at the Parliament as well as issued coins and stamps having his image.
- The BJP government has sanctioned loans to as many as three crore poverty-stricken people under Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana.
- 60 per cent of the LPG connections under the Ujjawala Yojna were provided to Dalits.