Kumbh: Fire sets politician Lalji Tandon's tent ablaze; had a close call
Prayagraj: Bihar Governor Lalji Tandon had a narrow escape when a massive fire broke out in his tent in the Kumbh city on late Tuesday night.
News of the incident was confirmed by his son and UP Health minister, Ashutosh Tandon.
Mr Tandon, however, was rescued by the security officers of the Bihar government and was shifted to the circuit house but his valuables were gutted in the fire.
The fire broke out at around 0230 hours at the Tribeni tent city in sector 20 of the Kumbh city on the banks of Sangam, told officials.
The cause of the accident is said to be a short circuit, however, further probe is still on.
Keep yourself updated with latest news through Newstrack App. To download App from Google Playstore visit here - Newstrack App