I am being victimised like Rohit Vemula: AUSU president
Allahabad: Another resenting voice has emerged from an Indian university, this time from Allahabad when Richa Singh, the president of University Union, on Saturday created a sort of sensation alleging she was being harassed like Rohit Vemula.
The vitriolic reaction from Allahabad University Student Union president came after her admission as a research scholar in the varsity was put under scanner. Without mincing her words, she charged the Vice Chancellor of Allahabad university Prof Ratan Lal Hangloo was victimising her on behest of the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) since last six months when she became Students' Union president.
What else she said:
- I am being targeted because I raised voice against Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- ABVP people were ill at ease ever since she became president of the Students Union.
- She will not bow down against their designs.
- The propaganda about my admission is a ploy to victimise like Rohit Vemula faced in Hyderabad Central University.
What is the issue:
- One Rajnish Singh has charged her with getting admission in improper manner.
- He said many meritorious students were ignored while she was admitted in the university.
- The rules were flouted in her case.
What University said;
- The University conducted a probe under Prof Satyanarayan about her admission.
- He says she was admitted on the basis of roster system.
Complainant argues that roster reservation system is applicable in jobs and promotions , not in the admission process.