Amanmani Tripathi threatens petitioner inside HC premises
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court, on Thursday, initiated contempt proceedings against Amanmani Tripathi, who is the son of influential Samajwadi Party leader Amarmani Tripathi.
A petitioner, who had been involved in a legal tiff with their family, filed a complaint alleging that he had been threatened him of life inside the court premises by a former minister’s son.
The court proceedings:
- Advocate Rakesh Gupta alleged that Amanmani Tripathi threatened his client Abdur Rehman of life.
- The incident happened after they came out of the courtroom in connection with a case relating to a disputed property in Maharajganj district.
- Bench headed by Justice Sunita Agarwal fixed July 6 for next hearing
- Court asked Superintendent of Police of Maharajganj to ensure Amanmani Tripathi’s presence in the courtroom during next hearing
- The Allahabad High court has also directed UP Police to ensure the safety of Rehman.
What was the case:
Jailed Amarmani Tripathi got the illegal allotment of a land meant for construction of an OIL Mill in Nautanwa town of Maharajganj. Allahabad HC suspended the land allotment in January 2014 and imposed a fine of Rs 50,000 each on Amarmani Tripathi and the then Rent Officer.
Amanmani and Rehman both were inside the court premises on Thursday. Tripathi, along with two other men, get into a scuffle with Rehman and threatened him of life at the court room gate.
Amarmani Tripathi and his wife Madhumani are serving life imprisonment for the murder of Madhumita Shukla, a budding poetess, in 2003.