Top

Allahabad High Court orders CBI probe into Bulandshahr gangrape case

Arnima Dwivedi

Arnima DwivediBy Arnima Dwivedi

Published on 12 Aug 2016 10:33 AM GMT

Allahabad High Court orders CBI probe into Bulandshahr gangrape case
X
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print

Allahabad: Expressing dissatisfaction over probe by UP police so far, a division bench of Allahabad High Court on Friday ordered Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into Bulandshahr gang-rape case.

Passing the order after taking suo-motu cognizance of the incident, the division bench comprised of Chief Justice DB Bhosle and Justice Yashwant Verma has directed Uttar Pradesh Police to submit all medical reports, statements and other details of the ongoing investigation regarding the case.

It may be mentioned that the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister, Akhilesh Yadav, had earlier said that the government is open for the CBI inquiry into the case if victim family desires so.

Also Read: Remaining three accused in Bulandshahr gang rape case held, says UP DGP

About the Bulandshahr rape case:

  • A group of five men allegedly gangraped a woman and her 14-year-old daughter on the intervening night of July 31 last.
  • They were dragged out of their car just 100 metres away from the police outpost on national highway-91.
  • The victim’s family was waylaid by a group of five robbers on the highway.
  • The family was on its way to Shahjahanpur.
  • The victim family hailed from Noida.
  • The incident happened about 65 kilometres away from the Delhi headquarters.
  • Accused fled away after raping them and also robbed their cash, jewellery and mobile phones.
  • The matter was reported to the police on the morning of August one last.
  • The victim family demanded capital punishment for the accused and threatened to commit suicide if justice was not done to them within three months.
  • The Uttar Pradesh government had also given two flats and a financial aid worth Rs 10 lakh each to the victims.

Also Read: Maya-Jaya lock horn over Bulandshahr case in Rajya Sabha

Arnima Dwivedi

Arnima Dwivedi

A journalist, presently working as a sub-editor with newstrack.com. I love exploring new genres of humans and humanity.

Next Story