CM Secretariat letter to transfer IPS officer leaked in UP
Moradabad: In an embarrassment to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, a letter issued to Principal Secretary Home, Debashish Panda from his secretariat got leaked and went viral on social media which recommended transfer of SSP of Moradabad.
The letter signed by GS Naveen, the special secretary to CM, has asked PS Home to send a proposal to transfer Nitin Tiwari and post Farukhabad SSP Rajesh Krishna in his place.
Ironically, the Akhilesh Yadav government faced with allegations of political pressure in transfers and this came when the Chief Election Commissioner (CEC), Naseem Zaidi is in the state to review the situations ahead of the UP Assembly Elections.
About the letter:
- Special Secretary to the Chief Minister, G S Naveen issued a letter to Principal Secretary (Home), Debashish Panda.
- Letter seeks suggestions regarding the posting of SSP Farukhabad in place of SSP Moradabad.
- Before the letter reaches to its destination, it was leaked and went viral over the social mediums.
- During the Assembly Session, Moradabad DM and MLAs have sought the removal of SSP Nitin Tiwari and the letter now was issued in the same regard.
- Sources say that opposition parties have grabbed a copy of the letter as they are planning to file a complaint about transfer of officers in the state under political pressure.
It may be mentioned that Nitin Tiwari is said to share close bond with principal Secretary (Home), Debashish Panda.