Video: Will-Kate recounts history, clicked on Diana bench
Agra: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, on Saturday recounted history after 24 years by getting photographed on 'Diana bench', the same bench where princess Diana was clicked during her visit to the world famous monument of Tajmahal in 1992.
Kate Middleton, the duchess was wearing a white-blue dress designed by Naeem Khan while William was donning a matching blue coat over khakis.
Taj Mahal's Tweet:
Glad for the convergence of histories, I welcome the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William & Kate, into my premises. #RoyalTourIndia
— Taj Mahal (@TajMahal) April 16, 2016
- According to Atul Bhargava, the visits of Queen Elizabeth in 1961 followed by Prince Diana's in 1992 will be detailed to Will-Kate during their two-hour stay at Taj.
- They would be reminded of every single detail to which the Taj had been witness during the visits of the Queen and the Princess.
- A local guide Lalit Chawla assisted Atul Bhargava during the Royal visit.
- Lalit Chawla has the distinction of guiding many dignitaries and state heads at Taj including French President Nicolas Sarkozy.
Chief Archeologist says:
- The Royal Couple will spend two hours in Taj premises.
Video: Royal couple at Taj Mahal: