Talgo all set for trial on Mathura-Palwal railway track
Mathura: In a step towards realisation of the country’s high-speed trains dream, the Indian Railways (IR) will carry out trials of the Spanish ‘Talgo’ train coaches, beginning from Friday, Divisional manager of Agra rail division Bhupinder Dhillon said.
The coaches of this train will be tested on tracks between Mathura and Palwal.
“The ‘super luxury’ coaches will be initially pulled by an Indian engine for trial. These coaches have numerous censors, which are already tested successfully,” said an IR official.
More about the Talgo train:
- The coaches were manufactured by the Talgo Company 30 years ago.
- These coaches have been successfully tried in 12 other countries.
- The high-speed train is designed to run at an average speed of 115 km/hr.
- The train consists of power cars, dining cars along with seven coaches.
- Each of the coaches weighs 20 tonnes whereas an Indian coach usually weighs 40 tonnes.
Atif Aslam is back with romantic track in ‘Rustom’