SP legislator Raja Aridaman Singh joins BJP with wife Pakshalika
Agra: In a jolt to Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party faction, sitting legislator and declared SP candidate in coming Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections Raja Aridaman Singh and his wife Pakshalika Singh joined Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Saturday.
The state BJP president Keshav Prasad Maurya formalised their joining in the presence of BJP MP from Agra Ram Shankar Katheria.
Blue blood Aridaman Singh was candidate from Bah assembly constituency while his wife from Khairagarh constituency of Agra in the list of Akhilesh Yadav. The exit of former UP minister along with his wife has upset the political equations of the ruling party in Agra district.
According to BJP sources, both are likely to get party tickets in the coming elections.
Bah seat has always been a stronghold of Aridaman Singh, who has earlier served as the UP Transport minister. He only lost elections in 2007 and again in 2012, he became the legislator from the same seat for the sixth time.
He has also been legislator from BJP and Janata Dal parties in the past.
Check more pics in next slides:
- Meet the world's 'oldest dog living' a 22-year-old Toy Fox Terrier named Pebbles
- 'Over 88% adults in India fully vaccinated against Covid'
- PM inaugurates Nano Urea Plant in Gandhinagar
- IndiGo fined Rs 5L for not boarding special needs child
- This is not the Virat Kohli we know: Virender Sehwag breaks silence on RCB batters' slump in form
- 8 years of Modi govt: From Statue of unity to Lord Hanuman's statue, Iconic statues unveiled by PM
- Laal Singh Chaddha Trailer: Aamir Khan enjoys Pani Puri, hosts preview ahead of releasing it at IPL 2022 Final
- Shah Rukh Khan's Mannat's new nameplate worth Rs 25 lakh goes missing? Here's the truth
- India's daily cases over 2,000-mark for 5th time this week: Today's 8 Covid updates
- Alia Bhatt cries 'happy tears' as she reacts to Ranbir Kapoor cradling a baby: 'This video is a full vibe'