Kenyan runner wins Taj marathon, Flying Sikh flagged off
Agra: Samuel of Kenya won the Taj Marathon and was awarded with Rs five lakhs as prize money on Sunday.
Over 32,000 participants took part in 21-km marathon which was flagged off from Sikandara at 0600 hours by 'Flying Sikh' Milkha Singh.
- The marathon was organized on the occasion of 25'th anniversary of the Taj Mahotsav.
- Taj Mahotsav is a 13-day event starting from Sunday.
- Taj Mahotsav was planned to begin with a Marathon which was inaugurated by Milkha Singh.
- Participants included professional runners and athletes from 18 to 50 years of age.
- Another 12-kilometre race started from Paliwal at 0730 hours.
- Participants included under-18 boys, housewives, veteran athletes and corporate teams.
- The 6-kilometre race started from Shahjahan park at 0825 hours.
- Participants included senior citizens, under-18 girls and corporates.
- Lastly, the 2.5-kilometre race started from Only restaurant at 0830 hours.
- Participants included citizens above 70 years of age and disabled champions.