NHRC serves notice to UP CS and Noida officials in DPS ragging
Noida: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has issued notices to Uttar Pradesh Chief Secretary and senior Noida officials in connections with the ragging case of Delhi Public School.
The commission has instructed CS, District Noida and District police chief to file the reply within four weeks.
Citing the guidelines of Supreme Court (SC) , the commission said that it is the responsibility of school management if ragging happens in the college.
- Dhruv and Yash, student of class XI were ragged in the college hostel.
- The ragging was done by class XII students.
- An FIR was registered against six students.
- Meanwhile, Yash has left the school.
- The DPS management has expelled six students from the school.
- The Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) has also protested on this issue.
- Parents of the victim students alleged that despite taking action, the school administration warned them to stay in their house.
- The school administration also pressurized them to not to get the FIR registered.