Mahesh Sharma launches drive for plastic-free Agra on Sunday
Agra: Ahead of the World Environment Day on June 5, Union Minister for Culture and Environment Mahesh Sharma will on Sunday launch a campaign for plastic-free Agra, officials said on Saturday.
Sharma will release the Taj Mahal Declaration "To beat Plastic Pollution".
At a stakeholders' workshop, the Minister would discuss the issues of pollution in and around Taj Mahal and focus on drawing short-term and long-term measures to deal with the problem and to protect Taj from environment pollution, an official statement said.
Sharma would spend his time interacting with public representatives, state government officials, NGOs and other stakeholders.
The threat from growing use of plastic and polythene bags will be highlighted at the meeting.
The aim is to completely ban use of plastics, especially one-time use material, by 2020, the statement added.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?