Etah Hooch Tragedy: Death toll mounts to 26
Etah: Death toll in the Etah hooch tragedy has risen to 26 on Monday, while over fifty people are still being treated in various hospitals. 22 casualties were reported in Etah and four others died in adjoining district Farrukhabad.
Police raids at various places:
- Police teams have raided several areas across the district
- Huge quantity of illicit liquor recovered from various places including Bareilly, Kushinagar, Bijnore, Allahabad, Sonbhadra, Etah, Mau and Kanpur Dehat
- The main accused in the hooch tragedy, Sripal was arrested from Nayagaon area on Saturday night
Uttar Pradesh government took stern action against the local authorities by suspending five government employees, including three from the excise department.
The incident occurred on Friday evening when several people from Luhari Darwaja and adjacent Laukhera village fell ill after consuming spurious liquor.
- Grand Omaxe Society residents hail 'bulldozer baba' after action against Shrikant Tyagi's Noida residence
- Sensex gains 110 pts in early trade; Nifty above 17,400 in opening trade
- CLAT 2023: Registration begins today, here's direct link & how to apply
- Married couple to Get Rs 72,000 yearly pension by investing just Rs 200 per month, here's how
- Twinkle Khanna has an epic reaction to Ranveer Singh's nude photoshoot: The photographs seem underexposed
- Attention! Dangerous chemicals are dissolved in rain water
- Maha cabinet expansion before Aug 15; Fadnavis to get Home
- PM Modi chairs NITI Aayog's governing council meeting
- Boxers Amit Panghal and Nitu Ghanghas win gold
- After Sri Lanka, massive protests erupt in Bangladesh over fuel price hike