Dimple Yadav begins election campaign, heaps praise on Akhilesh
Agra: Heaping praises on Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and husband Akhilesh Yadav, Dimple Yadav on Wednesday said that former has done a commendable job by launching a lot of projects to benefit the people.
Dimple, two time MP from Kannauj, kickstarted her election campaign for Samajwadi Party in Ramlila ground at Jaitpur Kalan here along with Samajwadi Party Rajya Sabha member Jaya Bachchan.
Dimple said SP President began the distribution of laptops in the state, which benefited people a lot. “Akhilesh government fulfilled each and every promise made in the manifesto and will continue to do all-round development if SP comes back to power,” she added.
Highlighting women-specific schemes of Samajwadi Party manifesto, Dimple said:
- We will provide free pressure cookers for housewives.
- SP will give free milk powder and ghee to every household,
- An extension of the pension scheme for women.
- We promised free education for girls till graduation.
- Scholarships will also be given to the girl students.
- We created women powerline in order to ensure police help.
Jaya, on the other hand, urged public not to vote for Bharatiya Janata Party and Bahujan Samaj Party, saying, both failed to tackle the woes of women in the state.