Dead or alive? No official word on Ram Briksh Yadav yet
Mathura: Dead or alive? This question is being asked by many in political and no-political circles in absence of an official word on Ram Briksh Yadav, the mastermind behind the Jawaharbagh violence which killed 24 on Thursday.
One belief , shared by some newspapers, is that he was killed in the wake of attack on the police officials present at the site. Another story doing the rounds is that he was allowed to move out and hide at some place known to one or two leaders in the ruling party.
The police has not come out with any report as nothing is confirmed yet.
On the other hand, Sudama Yadav, a resident of Ghazipur district and a close aide of Ram Briksh alleged that Samajwadi Party (SP) government has provided shelter to him.
Who is Ram Briksh Yadav?
- Ram Briksh Yadav is a disciple of a self-styled Baba, Jai Guru Dev
- Yadav declared himself owner of all his properties after his death.
- He reached Mathura on March 15, 2014 along with 200 others.
- He sought the permission from district administration to stay there for two days.
- Yadav, later occupied 270 acres of land in a Mathura park, Jawaharbagh .
- Around 10 criminal cases have been registered against Yadav since March 2014 in Mathura.
- Around 5,000 worked for him.