Communal tension grips Agra locality after youth's murder
Agra: Communal tension gripped Garhi Chandni village in Agra district of Uttar Pradesh after a youth namely Pramod was murdered at Itimad-ud-Daula area of the city on Saturday last. The protesters against the youth’s murder had pelted stones and open fired at many houses of the locality as well as they had damaged several vehicles on the roads. Eventually, police forces were deployed at the locality.
- Pramod was allegedly murdered, in Prakash Nagar area of Agra city, by a minority community’s duo for protesting against illegal sale of liquor.
- The victim was allegedly called by the accused at their residence and then they stabbed him.
- Later, the victim succumbed to his injuries
- Police arrested the accused duo next morning.
- Communal tension ran high in Garhi Chandni when Pramod's murder information was spread across the village.
- People were apparently disquieted at the deceased’s funeral.
- An irate group caused destruction to several houses and vehicles of the minority community by pelting stones and open firing in the locality.
- Police reached the spot as soon as they were informed and controlled the situation.
- Injured people were rushed to a hospital.
- A group of 10-12 persons created the whole scene causing destruction to many houses and injuring many people of the locality.
- The group will be nabbed soon, said the police.