Candidate files Panchayat nomination while in United States
Kasganj: A gross irregularity in the nomination of Block Development Councillor(BDC) elections, for which the voting is underway on Sunday, has come to light as a contestant had filed her nomination using forged signatures by sitting in United States of America.
The nominations of the female contestant was not cancelled even after the written objection filed by opposite candidates.
Who is the candidate:
- Tanu Yadav is the daughter of muscleman politican Devendra Singh Yadav.
- Devendra Singh Yadav is the leader of ruling Samajwadi Party of Uttar Pradesh.
- She is daughter-in-law of senior UP beaurocrat Pandhari Yadav.
- It has been alleged that Tanu Yadav was staying in USA along with her husband Abhishek Yadav since long.
- She is now contesting elections from the Soro block of Kasganj.
File nomination from USA
- It has been alleged that she filed her nomination on February 5’2016 but on that day she was not in India.
- The signatures on nomination paper and decleration form were allegedly forged.
American citizen and an Indian electorate
- Tanu is residing in America since long and she also posseses a voter-id card of Kasganj district.
- Her name is listed at serial number 110 of the voter list.
Returned India on Saturday:
- Tanu returned to Kasganj on Saturday evening after the issue gleaned media highlights.
- I am an Indian citizen and I pay taxes, said Tanu.
- I posses a voter ID card, she claims.