TRENDING TAGS :
BJP candidate violates Model Code of Conduct in Agra, FIR lodged
The UP police lodged an FIR against the BJP candidate for dishonouring Model Code of Conduct imposed in Uttar Pradesh ahead of upcoming assembly elections 2017.
Agra: The UP police lodged an FIR against the BJP candidate in the Taj City for dishonouring Model Code of Conduct imposed in Uttar Pradesh ahead of upcoming assembly elections 2017.
What was the Matter?
- Ram Pratap Chauhan organised the procession from MG road.
- According to the police officials the processions was carried out without the permission of District administration.
- The procession was considered as the power show. The candidate went to nominate his name with his several supporters while the Model Code of Conduct has been imposed in the state.
- Ram Pratap is a BJP Candidate from Etmadpur constituency in Agra district of Uttar Pradesh.
- The nine constituencies of Agra would go to polls in Phase 1 of the assembly elections on February 11.
This was not the first time when BJP breached the Model Code of Conduct. Earlier, on January 13, BJP's campaign vehicle was found commuting in Lucknow.
Few vehicles with posters of BJP leaders and slogans "Saath Aayein Parivartan Laayein" and "Poorn Bahumat Sampoorn Vikas Bhajpa par Hai Vishwaas" written over it were parked alongside the road.
In slide: Video