Ajit Singh to hold a backward convention to hog the limelight
Agra: Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) chief Ajit Singh, whose talk with Samajwadi Party has not made much headway, has decided to hold a backward class convention in Soor Sadan here next Wednesday. Besides show of strength, it may be aimed at putting pressure on the latter to finalise the decision.
On the face of it, the move seems to wean away backward castes including Yadav, which has been the main vote–bank of SP. If successful, it will expand the party’s base in western parts of the state. The task is difficult if not impossible.
Whatever Ajit may claim, he has been losing ground in this part which is dominated by his Jat community. It may be one of the reasons why no one is ready to join hands with him in his own terms. He has not been chosen by any party for the Rajya Sabha seat which is said to have been his demand.
The convention and good turn-out at it may help him hog the limelight which he has been missing for quite a sometime. It may also give him a better bargaining power. The party has got nine members in the state Assembly, all elected from the Jat majority areas.
- Grand Omaxe Society residents hail 'bulldozer baba' after action against Shrikant Tyagi's Noida residence
- Sensex gains 110 pts in early trade; Nifty above 17,400 in opening trade
- CLAT 2023: Registration begins today, here's direct link & how to apply
- Married couple to Get Rs 72,000 yearly pension by investing just Rs 200 per month, here's how
- Twinkle Khanna has an epic reaction to Ranveer Singh's nude photoshoot: The photographs seem underexposed
- Attention! Dangerous chemicals are dissolved in rain water
- Maha cabinet expansion before Aug 15; Fadnavis to get Home
- PM Modi chairs NITI Aayog's governing council meeting
- Boxers Amit Panghal and Nitu Ghanghas win gold
- After Sri Lanka, massive protests erupt in Bangladesh over fuel price hike