A group of women perform pooja in Taj Mahal mosque; video goes viral
The pooja performed on Tuesday even after Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) ban, was a reprisal to show the religious significance of the place for hindus.
Agra: A group of women activists from right wing organizations performed pooja in the mosque inside Taj Mahal, on saturday to "prove" that the historical monument constructed by mughals was actually a shiva temple.
After many right wing activists have claimed that the Taj Mahal was originally a Shiva temple, this pooja was organised to claim that if muslims can offer namaz here hindus too can perform their pooja in their "Tejo Mahalaya."
The controversy over Taj Mahal's history surfaced after Purushottam Nagesh Oak, in his book 'Taj Mahal: The True Story', alleged that the Taj Mahal was originally a Shiva temple and a Rajput palace named Tejo Mahalaya, which was seized by Shah Jahan and adopted as a tomb. He also claimed that the temple was built by Indian King Jai Singh I.
The pooja performed on Tuesday even after Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) ban, was a reprisal to show the religious significance of the place for hindus. The ASI bans muslims from offering namaz at Taj Mahal except on Fridays.
One of the women activists who performed pooja in the mosque, Meena Devi Diwakar-The district president of Antarrashtriya Hindu Parishad-said, "If Muslims are being allowed to offer namaz here on all the days, then even we can do our puja at our Tejo Mahalaya."
She also lit "dhoop bati" and poured "ganga jal" inside the mosque premises. They concluded pooja after chanting "Om Namah Shivay."
The activist not only claimed that the Tejo Mahalaya had been polluted by few people but also that she will purify it with "Gangajal."
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) Commandant, Brajj Bhushan said that they were not aware of this incident, as the force is not allowed inside the mosque.
However, ASI staff were deployed to the spot immediately, but nothing like ‘dhoopbatti’ or anything was found there. A CCTV footage will be probed to look into the matter and if found guilty strict actions will be taken against right wing activists.
- Grand Omaxe Society residents hail 'bulldozer baba' after action against Shrikant Tyagi's Noida residence
- Sensex gains 110 pts in early trade; Nifty above 17,400 in opening trade
- CLAT 2023: Registration begins today, here's direct link & how to apply
- Married couple to Get Rs 72,000 yearly pension by investing just Rs 200 per month, here's how
- Twinkle Khanna has an epic reaction to Ranveer Singh's nude photoshoot: The photographs seem underexposed
- Attention! Dangerous chemicals are dissolved in rain water
- Maha cabinet expansion before Aug 15; Fadnavis to get Home
- PM Modi chairs NITI Aayog's governing council meeting
- Boxers Amit Panghal and Nitu Ghanghas win gold
- After Sri Lanka, massive protests erupt in Bangladesh over fuel price hike