24 school students injured in UP road accident, four critical
Agra: Some two dozen school children were injured on Friday when their bus overturned and hit a divider on the Yamuna Expressway in Uttar Pradesh. Four of the students were said to be in critical condition.
The students belonged to Classes 6 to 8 of Alok Bharti School of Mandi in Himachal Pradesh. They were on an excursion tour to the Taj city of Agra when the accident took place.
A police officer said that the driver lost control of the bus after a tyre burst. "Since the bus was at a high speed, it overturned," he said.
The seriously injured have been admitted to the SN Medical College in Agra. The others were given first aid.
Some of the teachers accompanying the students were also injured.
- Grand Omaxe Society residents hail 'bulldozer baba' after action against Shrikant Tyagi's Noida residence
- Sensex gains 110 pts in early trade; Nifty above 17,400 in opening trade
- CLAT 2023: Registration begins today, here's direct link & how to apply
- Married couple to Get Rs 72,000 yearly pension by investing just Rs 200 per month, here's how
- Twinkle Khanna has an epic reaction to Ranveer Singh's nude photoshoot: The photographs seem underexposed
- Attention! Dangerous chemicals are dissolved in rain water
- Maha cabinet expansion before Aug 15; Fadnavis to get Home
- PM Modi chairs NITI Aayog's governing council meeting
- Boxers Amit Panghal and Nitu Ghanghas win gold
- After Sri Lanka, massive protests erupt in Bangladesh over fuel price hike