Yogi breaks his silence on Fatwa issued by Darul Uloom
Gorakhpur: Breaking his silence on fatwa issued by the Islamic seminary Darul Uloom in Deoband of Uttar Pradesh, the Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) Member of Parliament (MP) from Gorakhpur Yogi Adityanath said, "who is ashamed of hailing the mother should also be ashamed of his or her birth.''
He asked why all Indias cannot chant ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai' ? “India is our motherland and all of us (Indians) are its offspring. One should be proud to praise their motherland rather than being shamefaced about it,'' the firebrand BJP leader told media persons in a press conference on Saturday.
Dubbing Deoband cleric, who issued the fatwa, as 'narrow minded', Adityanath said, Vedas, the oldest scriptures of Hinduism, clearly mentioned the nation was our mother and we all were its children.
'' I do not think that a religion can ever prohibit someone to praise the mother. In fact, it is a part of our culture and each one of us should be proud chanting the slogan," added the MP.
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?
- Yogi Adityanath govt announces Rs 25,000 reward for info on Shrikant Tyagi
- PV Sindhu saunters to maiden individual Commonwealth Games gold, completes hat-trick of CWG medals
- Grand Omaxe Society residents hail 'bulldozer baba' after action against Shrikant Tyagi's Noida residence
- Sensex gains 110 pts in early trade; Nifty above 17,400 in opening trade
- CLAT 2023: Registration begins today, here's direct link & how to apply
- Married couple to Get Rs 72,000 yearly pension by investing just Rs 200 per month, here's how
- Twinkle Khanna has an epic reaction to Ranveer Singh's nude photoshoot: The photographs seem underexposed
- Attention! Dangerous chemicals are dissolved in rain water