Woman attempts 'spicy ramen challenge', ends up by pooping blood
Great Manchester: A 20-year-old girl was immediately rushed to hospital after she performed a viral 'spicy ramen challenge'.
Shannen Goulding was taken to hospital when he complaint of bleeding from the bum after chomping down the infamous Samyang Hot Chicken Flavour Cup Ramen as part of a viral challenge.
Interestingly, the girl has vowed to do it again. This time with even hotter noodles.
Doctors put her on a IV drip, before a colonoscopy revealed she had the early stages of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), likely to be Crohn’s disease.
In the picture Shannen could be seen performing the challenge with her friend Keelan Unworth.
Shannen stated, "I would say this challenge was ‘deadly’, but it was definitely a successful challenge. I thought I would be able to complete it all but I didn’t ever think I’d end up in hospital."
What else she stated:
- After we ate it, I started getting really bad pains. So did Keelan, but his weren’t as bad as mine.
- Later on the next day, when I went to the toilet, it was just pure blood.
- So I had to go to A&E and they were asking me if I had any hemorrhoids or things like that. I didn’t, but I have IBS and I ate spicy noodles.
- I was telling the doctors and nurses about it and they just started laughing at me. I found out that the spicy noodles had triggered me to start bleeding.
- Luckily, it kind of helped me in a way because they found microscopic traces of IBD as well.
- I was in pain but I wasn’t really thinking about it. I was just laughing at the fact it made me go to hospital.
- All my family were there telling me I was a dope. They were all panicking and I just found it really funny.
- All my friends were like ‘it’s typical Shannen’. I have a reputation for doing stuff like this.
- Once I was doing a video which was a drunk challenge, and I took a shot and ended up chipping my tooth. I’ve just got a reputation for being the dopiest friend.
- I made friends with quite a few people in hospital, and they were all asking what I was in for - and I said, ‘well, I ate some spicy noodles’. They were all laughing their heads off at me.
- One was like, ‘I’m here because I’ve had a stroke and you’re here because you’ve eaten noodles’.
- It was funny though. I showed them all the video and they were laughing at me.
- The doctors warned me to stay away from spicy food, but I put jalapenos in everything I eat and I’ve never had any problems with it.
- He said ‘I’m just advising you. It’s up to you whether you do it again but I’m advising you not to’. But he was laughing when he said it, and I’m still eating jalapenos with everything.
It is to be mentioned that before Spicy ramen challenge, #KiKiChallenge and #DragonBreathe harmed the lives of many peoples.
Newstrack.com advises you people not to take up such challenges as it may harm your health.