There is no hitch when a dog marries a bitch with fanfare
Kaushambi: Every dog has his day, and so did Shagun whose wedding with Shaguni, the bitch, was solemnised in this district of Uttar Pradesh with much fanfare on Friday.
The marriage ceremony was solemnized in Pawara village of the district after the 'bridegroom' reached the 'bride's' village in flower bedecked car. An estimated 5,000 baratis formed the wedding procession that winded through the narrow village road.
Shagun and Shaguni's nuptial knot was tied amidst chanting of vedic mantras. A big feast was later organized by the owner of Shaguni, the bride.
- The tilak ceremony of the Shagun-Shaguni was held on Thursday last.
- Shagun is owned Basant Tripathi while Shaguni belongs to Jangbahadur.
- Jangbahadur hails from a neighboring village.
- Both Shagun and Shaguni, were given a bath before marriage.
- Before being dressed like a bride Shaguni was given a proper makeup.
- With the help of owners the Jaimala (Garland ceremony) was also performed.
- Everyone was later served with delicious starters and main course.
Believe us, everyone from Jangbahadur’s village sobbed while sending off Shaguni for her sasuraal. .
And the couple went away in floral decorated car with tin cans at back. Newztrack.com wishes them a very happy married life ahead.