UN fears for security of 10,000 families trapped in Fallujah
Baghdad: The United Nation (UN) on Tuesday said it feared for the security of almost 10,000 families trapped in Fallujah – Iraqi province of Al Anbar – as the forces of Iraq pressed in to retake the city from ISIS.
Ferocious combating has shrouded Fallujah since the military of Iraq on Monday took out an offensive to reclaim the province from the terror group.
The air force of Iraq has air-dropped numerous leaflets on the city, instructing residents to flee from the clutches of ISIS. They have been offered passage through safe corridors to camps outside the city.
The government has also set up a hotline for endangered residents to call or text in case they require evacuation.
- ISIS is preventing the residents from leaving the province ahead of the government offensive.
- Well-nigh 80 families have already succeeded to flee while some of them died on the way.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?