Trump takes up Bernie Sander’s challenge, agrees to debate him
Washington: After Hillary Clinton refused to debate Bernie Sanders, the United State presidential candidate from Republican Party Donald Trump on Wednesday rose to his challenge, accepting to debate the senator.
When Trump was asked on a television show – Jimmy Kimmel Live! – if he was willing to debate Sanders instead, with the proceeds going to charity, he replied, “I would love to.” Subsequently, Sanders took to micro blogging site Twitter to proclaim that he was in.
I am delighted that @realDonaldTrump has agreed to debate. Let’s do it in the biggest stadium possible.
— Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) May 26, 2016
- The debate would be unprecedented, if it actually happens.
- Both parties, Democratic National Committee and the Republican National Committee, frowned on networks inviting candidates to debates without approval of their committees.
- In case, the two leaders want to debate and have a network to host it, their parties might not be able to stop them.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?