Three-day religious extravaganza begins at Taj in Agra today
Agra: The world monument of Tajmahal will be a witness to a religious extravaganza as 361st Urs of Mughal Emperor Shahjahan began on Tuesday May 3. On this occasion, the tourist entry inside the Taj Mahal has been made free for three days.
The main tombs of Shahjahan and Mumtaz Mahal have also been opened for the visitors.
- The Urs will start with the ‘Azaan’.
- The ‘rose and kewda water’ have been brought from Kannauj, the scent capital of Uttar Capital.
- The visitor’s entry has been made free from two in the afternoon to 5 pm on first and the second day.
- On 5th may the entry will be free the whole day.
- ‘Qawalli’ amd ‘mushaira’ programme will be held on the second day of the Urs.
- The tomb is to be covered with an 870 metre cloth sheet depicting colours from different religions of the country.
- Tourists from India and world are present at the monument of love for the Urs.