Terror group JuM expanding in India in the name of Bangladeshi migrants
Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen (JuM), a widely known Bangladeshi terror group is expanding its area of operation in India. The gourp now has its footprints in various states namely Bihar, Karnataka, Kerala and Maharashtra.
Lucknow: Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen (JuM), a widely known Bangladeshi terror group is expanding its area of operation in India. The gourp now has its footprints in various states namely Bihar, Karnataka, Kerala and Maharashtra.
Revealing the activities carried out by JuM, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) Director-General Yogesh Chander Modi on Monday pointed out that the terror group was carrying out its iniquitous activities under the name of Bangladeshi migrants while addressing the chiefs of anti-terror squads (ATS) and special task forces (STF) of all the states.
YC Modi, a 1984 batch Indian Police Service officer of the Assam-Meghalaya cadre, announced that a list of 25 most wanted JuM terrorists has been prepared and circulated among the states to track them.
"We are fully geared up and prepared to meet the challenge of such terror groups with the help of all the states. We are a central investigating agency and are coordinating with other similar agencies at the national as well as international level to tackle terrorism," said Modi.
Aiming to create a nation-wide robust anti-terror grid, the ATS and STF chiefs of all the states are meeting for a brain-storming session in New Delhi. The two-day meeting, which started on Monday (October 13, 2019), is being coordinated by the NIA.
The agenda includes terror funding, radicalisation and digital evidence along with other aspects. Addressing the ATS and STF chiefs, NIA Director General YC Modi said the purpose is to ensure the country and its security forces are better prepared to tackle terror threats.
Ajit Doval, National Security Advisor, will also address India's top cops to arrive at a common strategy for anti-terror operations.
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?