TN govt to lay foundation stone for Kalam’s memorial on July 27
Chennai: The foundation stone for former President Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam’s memorial will be laid on July 27 in Rameswaram town of Ramanathapuram district of Tamil Nadu.
“While the Centre desired for five acres of land for the memorial, only 1.8 acres was available with us as of now. Moreover, the Tamil Nadu government is backing what we are trying to do. We have decided that a memorial will be set up on whatever land is available and a foundation stone will be laid for the same,” said Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar while talking to media persons.
- “The design for the memorial has been finalised and we are not going to wait for additional land,” said Parikkar.
- Dr Kalam had passed away on July 27 last year.
- Covid live: Delhi makes face masks mandatory in public
- Sunil Bansal, Shah's man in UP, to steer BJP in Telangana
- CBI arrests TMC leader Anubrata Mondal in cattle smuggling case
- Nitish to face Bihar floor test on Aug 24; Cabinet expansion on August 16
- Liger's Coka 2.0 poster: Vijay Deverakonda & Ananya Panday gear up for the perfect upbeat track
- Y-Factor : Who designed the National Flag| EP- 336 || Yogesh Mishra | Indian National Flag ||
- Ten Sri Lankans missing from Commonwealth Games; here's the TRUTH
- 'Don't talk about superstitious things like 'black magic' to hide...': Rahul Gandhi schools Narendra Modi
- Gold Price Today: On Rakshabandhan Gold gets cheaper, check price in your city
- MS Dhoni set to be involved with CSK's South Africa T20 league team, franchise to be named THIS