Student drops out of school after being molested repeatedly
Sitapur: In what appears to be a setback to the Prime Minister Narendra Modi's ‘Beti Bachao – Beti Padhao’ programme, a girl student in Khairabad, eight kms from district headquarters, was forced to withdraw from the school when being molested by a gang of eve-teasers.
The victim is not going to the school for the past two months. When parents of the girl tried to dissuade the boys belonging to influential families, they were thrashed and beaten badly. The police also did not lodge their complaints.
Later, following intervention by few local journalists, the police finally woke up from its slumber and lodged a case against five erring boys. The eve-teasers are still at large.
- The victim, along with her family members, was threatened of dire consequences when she went to the police to complain about the incident.
- The victim said that she is consistently eve-teased by miscreants of the locality, Rambalak, Ram Singh, Lalta and two of their accomplices, everyday while going to school.
- They make inappropriate and objectionable comments on her.
- The miscreants grip her hand, lay seize her way, pull her dupatta and harass her in each possible way.
- Now, she is so terrified of the miscreants that she remains at home and did not even attend her school since the last two months.
- The victim’s family members allege that they have already written complaint letters to police officials from Sitapur to Lucknow.
- They have even visited local police stations several times but all of their efforts to protect their girl child went in vain.
- Any investigation is yet not in effect.